Mechanical transmission is widely used in mechanical engineering. The common types of mechanical transmission systems are gear transmission, worm gear transmission, belt transmission, chain transmission, gear train, etc. The cost of belt transmission in mechanical transmission is lower than that of dome transmission. At present, the high tensile properties of internal components such as steel core, epoxy resin or aromatic polyamide fibers obtain the required strength. But it also has its own weakness, that is, it can not effectively resist material cutting, shearing and impact damage. Because of a little accident, the service life of the transmission belt may be greatly shortened.
In this paper, the service life of the transmission belt is analyzed from the following three factors, and any one of them will affect the service life of the transmission belt:
1. The strength of the transmission belt can not meet the requirements of the use (this is related to the special use requirements, especially the material of the transmission belt).
2. The faults in the original design of equipment, especially at the loading point, make the material impact the transmission belt rapidly, or cause the irregular loading to make the transmission belt offset.
3. From the manufacturer's point of view, they can only exert influence on the last factor to ensure that the product meets the use requirements.
Drive belt protection measures:
1. Improving product quality (e.g. using low-wear rubber belts) is to prolong the service life of transmission belts, but any of the three factors mentioned above will make the investment in improving product quality worthless.
2. The design of lateral deflection reduces the elongation of the belt, which is specially used for long-distance conveying.
3. Shear-resistant belt: The internal structure of the shear-resistant belt is similar to that of the standard composite epoxy belt, except that a transverse steel cable is added to the upper rubber belt layer to protect the fragile main body of the belt through its hindrance. It is the elasticity of these transverse cables that makes the shear belt as flexible as the traditional fiber belt; that is to say, the shear belt looks like the traditional epoxy belt, but has a stronger steel core than the traditional belt.
4. Improving the system: In some old-fashioned equipment, especially in steel-core transmission belt, the service life is still prolonged by increasing the tensile strength of the transmission belt, but this practice has not played a major role in practice. Some belt manufacturers invest in various detection systems. A coil is placed at a fixed angle in the drive belt as an antenna, and a matching sensor is installed on the equipment to detect whether the coil passes through. If one coil is missing, it means that the drive belt is damaged. The electronic control system will automatically stop the operation of the whole equipment. The faster the stop speed, the smaller the damage to the drive belt.